After-departure travel insurance
- Provides coverage for emergency medical expenses even if you've already left your home province
- Make one call to receive an instant quote and get insured
- Only 4 conditions must be met to become insured
Did you leave home without any private travel insurance? We’ve got you covered.
Provincial health insurance plans only provide limited coverage for unplanned health services needed while travelling.
Travel Insurance Compare is one of a select few who offer coverage after you have already left your home province.
To obtain coverage even after you've left your home province:
- You must not have consulted a doctor since you departed
- You must not have submitted a claim since you departed
- You must not have shown signs of a serious illness before you left
- You must be covered by a provincial health insurance plan such as OHIP or MSP for the length of your trip
Get a quote
Call us and ask one of our agents about the best after-departure travel insurance options for you.
From Canada and the U.S.
From other locations