Travel insurance for Canadian expatriates
- Ideal for Canadians living abroad
- Flexible coverage customized to your specific needs
- Insurance amounts ranging from $100,000 to $2 million
- Optional coverage for specific situations
Protect yourself and your family against the unexpected while working, living or studying abroad with travel insurance for expatriates.
A provincial health insurance plan will not cover you for extended periods spent abroad (more than 182-183 days or 212 days in Ontario and Newfoundland).
What is covered?
Emergency health care
Covers any unforeseen health-related injury or illness.
Covers for treatment by healthcare specialists.
Coverage for emergency transportation expenses incurred due to injury or death, including repatriation.
Labour and delivery
Coverage is available for up to $25,000 with a reimbursement of up to $5,000.
Speak with an agent if...
- You want details about insurance coverage for expatriates needed in the country you are travelling to
- You are abroad without insurance
- You are living abroad but plan a short visit to Canada while your plan is in effect
- You are planning to return home after an extended stay abroad
Our agents will help you find the right travel insurance product for your needs. Call us at 1-855-808-1010.
How to submit a claim?
Call the insurance company that sold you your travel insurance for expatriates.
They will tell you how to submit a claim.
Our travel insurance products
Emergency health care coverage, including repatriation
Travel insurance coverage before and after departure
Coverage if you travel more than once a year
Complete coverage: medical expenses, trip cancellation and interruption, baggage
Coverage for trips lasting 31+ days
Coverage for trips to other Canadian provinces
Coverage for lost, damaged or stolen luggage
Coverage options after you have already left
Collision, theft or damage to your rental car
Required insurance for your super visa application