Financial services firm

Travel Compare Travel Prepared

1-855-808-1010 Toll-free

Travel insurance for Canadian expatriates

The essentials…

  • Ideal for Canadians living abroad
  • Flexible coverage customized to your specific needs
  • Insurance amounts ranging from $100,000 to $2 million
  • Optional coverage for specific situations

Protect yourself and your family against the unexpected while working, living or studying abroad with travel insurance for expatriates.

A provincial health insurance plan will not cover you for extended periods spent abroad (more than 182-183 days or 212 days in Ontario and Newfoundland).

What is covered?

Emergency health care

Covers any unforeseen health-related injury or illness.

Health professionals

Covers for treatment by healthcare specialists.

Transportation costs

Coverage for emergency transportation expenses incurred due to injury or death, including repatriation.

Labour and delivery

Coverage is available for up to $25,000 with a reimbursement of up to $5,000.

Speak with an agent if...

  • You want details about insurance coverage for expatriates needed in the country you are travelling to
  • You are abroad without insurance
  • You are living abroad but plan a short visit to Canada while your plan is in effect
  • You are planning to return home after an extended stay abroad

Our agents will help you find the right travel insurance product for your needs. Call us at 1-855-808-1010.

How to submit a claim?

Call the insurance company that sold you your travel insurance for expatriates.

They will tell you how to submit a claim.

Our travel insurance products

Emergency medical expenses

Emergency medical expenses

Emergency health care coverage, including repatriation

Insurance for trip cancellation and interruption

Trip cancellation and interruption

Travel insurance coverage before and after departure

Annual travel insurance


Coverage if you travel more than once a year

All-inclusive travel insurance


Complete coverage: medical expenses, trip cancellation and interruption, baggage

Travel insurance for extended stays

Extended stays

Coverage for trips lasting 31+ days

Canada only travel insurance

Canada only

Coverage for trips to other Canadian provinces

Baggage insurance


Coverage for lost, damaged or stolen luggage

After-departure travel insurance


Coverage options after you have already left

Travel insurance for car rentals

Rental car

Collision, theft or damage to your rental car

Health insurance for super visa

Super visa

Required insurance for your super visa application