Health insurance for inpatriates
- Ideal for Canadians returning to Canada after an extended period working, living or studying abroad
- Covers medical expenses not reimbursed by a provincial health insurance plan
- Insured amounts ranging from $100,000 to $300,000
- Avoid out-of-pocket medical expenses with coverage that can be purchased even after you return to Canada
- Lower your premiums by opting for a deductible
Canada has the best health care system in the world, but it is not free. It is best to have travel insurance for inpatriates until your provincial health plan takes effect again.
There is a mandatory three-month waiting period after you return before your provincial health insurance is reinstated.
What is covered?
Emergency medical care
Covers any unforeseen health-related injury or illness.
Covers treatment by healthcare specialists.
Covers emergency transportation expenses incurred due to injury or death, including repatriation.
Why a deductible?
Save on your health care coverage by opting for a deductible (the amount you pay out of pocket in the event of a claim) from $500 to $10,000.
One of our agents will answer all your questions about deductible options and help you pick one that fits your budget.
If you are already back home, it is not too late to obtain health insurance for inpatriates.
Keep in mind that you could face a 2-to-7-day waiting period before filing a claim.
Speak to an agent at 1-855-808-1010 if this situation applies to you and to get an insurance quote.
Speak with an agent if...
- You have a pre-existing condition
- In spite of a pre-existing condition, your health condition is stable and are able to travel
- You have returned home, but have no health insurance
Call us at 1-855-808-1010 to get a travel insurance quote.
How to submit
Call the insurer that sold you the insurance for inpatriates, who will explain how to make a claim.
Our travel insurance products
Emergency health care coverage, including repatriation
Travel insurance coverage before and after departure
Coverage if you travel more than once a year
Complete coverage: medical expenses, trip cancellation and interruption, baggage
Coverage for trips lasting 31+ days
Coverage for trips to other Canadian provinces
Coverage for lost, damaged or stolen luggage
Coverage options after you have already left
Collision, theft or damage to your rental car
Required insurance for your super visa application