Travel insurance for students
- For Canadian students studying abroad or outside their province of residence: provincial health care plans offer limited coverage for emergency/non-emergency medical care
- For foreign students studying in Canada: medical and dental expenses can add up without health insurance coverage
- Coverage can also be extended to your family members
- You must be a full-time student at a recognized educational institution
Studying abroad is a rewarding experience filled with newfound friends and lifelong memories. Start the semester off right with the best health care coverage available.
This travel insurance is right for you if:
- You are a Canadian citizen studying abroad
- You are a foreign student studying in Canada
Most schools require you to have health insurance coverage before classes begin. You must be studying full time in a recognized educational institution. Internships abroad are not eligible.
Ask one of our agents about coverage for accompanying or visiting family members.
What is covered?
Emergency health care
You are covered if you experience an illness or injury while away from home.
Access to treatment by a specific healthcare specialist.
Your coverage includes reimbursement of emergency transportation due to injury or death, including repatriation.
If an emergency prevents you from finishing a semester, you may be reimbursed up to $5,000 of the cost of paid tuition fees.
Labour and delivery
Up to $20,000 in coverage is available and you will be reimbursed up to $5,000 for labour and delivery.
Speak with an agent if...
- You are an international student studying in Canada and plan a side trip to another country
- You plan to return home for a visit during the school year
- You are no longer a full-time student
Call us at 1-855-808-1010 and they will help you find the right travel insurance for students.
How to submit a claim?
Call the insurance company from which you purchased your travel insurance.
They will tell you how to submit a claim.